Thursday , May 26 2022
Breaking News
Home / News / UNILAG Boils As A First Class Female Student is Electrocuted

UNILAG Boils As A First Class Female Student is Electrocuted

OluchiThere is crisis in the University of Lagos, (UNILAG) Akoka, Lagos following the electrocution of Oluchi Anekwe, a part three Accounting and first class student of the institution.

Anekwe died on Tuesday night after a high tension cable fell on her in front of the New Hall student hostel.
Reacting to the death of their colleague, students went on rampage and policemen from Bariga and Sabo Divisions were called in to position themselves in front of the university gate.

The University of Lagos Student Union (ULSU), has declared there should be no academic activities on the campus throughout Wednesday in honour of the late student.
The students are particularly miffed by the fact that Tuesday’s accident was not the first time the high tension cable would drop.

A student who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “UNILAG management as it is presently constituted is a mess. They are not responsive and responsible at all.

“There is a fallen electric pole with the cable on the ground along the social science faculty. It has been like that for months now. And I remember telling someone on Sunday that the management will do something only when something bad happens.
“Much as I hate to be a prophet of doom but I knew it was a disaster waiting to happen.”

Comments

comments

Check Also

Chima Williams, ERA/FoEN Executive Director, Six others Win Goldman Environmental Prize

Environmental Rights Action/Friends of the Earth Nigeria (ERA/FoEN) Executive Director, Barrister Chima Williams, has been …

No Plane Crash In Lagos- FAAN

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) has denied reports making the rounds that a …

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com