The Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has announced the suspension of its planned nationwide protest scheduled for Thursday, Janaury 27 and February 2.
The labour union took the decision at its National Executive Council meeting on Tuesday
The Congress said the decision to suspend the protest was necessitated following the stopping of the subsidy removal by the federal government.
The NLC President, Ayuba Wabba, said members of the union that had been mobilized would be demobilized following the decision to suspend the protest.
“Following the reversal and reapproach by government, the National Executive Council of the Nigeria Labour Congress met this morning (Tuesday) virtually to consider the new position of the government,” he said.
”The NEC after vigorous debates took a decision to suspend the planned nationwide protest scheduled for January 27, 2022, and the national protest scheduled for February 2, 2022.”