Thursday , July 2 2020
Home / Entertainment / Busola Dakolo Gives Updates On Her Allegations Against Biodun Fatoyinbo …Says My voice will not be shut down

Busola Dakolo Gives Updates On Her Allegations Against Biodun Fatoyinbo …Says My voice will not be shut down

Celebrity Photographer, Busola Dakolo, has taken to social media to give an update on her rape case allegations against the senior pastor of Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA), Biodun Fatoyinbo.

Dakolo who is the wife of a popular musician, Timi Dakolo disclosed in a statement on her Instagram page on Thursday that the Ministry of Justice has been silent since the case was referred to them for prosecution by the police.

“We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response,” she said.

“Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately. Or even to get the police report manipulated.”

View this post on Instagram

It is now officially one year after since I came out and told the most important story of my life up until this point. That when I was a teenager, Biodun Fatoyinbo violently raped me. It wasn’t just me. In the media, on social platforms and in private, women have been sharing stories of how this man either destroyed their lives or tried to. A lot has happened in that time: and my heart is glad that consciousness continues to be raised about the great evil that sexual abuse is, and how widespread it is, and how much women are at risk, and why we need to ensure justice for those who find the strength to speak out. Awareness is victory. But we are pushing to another even great victory: Justice. When the courts last year decided to rule in favour of the man who assaulted me, people were crestfallen. I understood. What they didn’t know however is that before we even began, we had been prepared for a long haul battle that may take years because the Nigerian legal system isn’t wired to help sexual abuse victims get justice. Today, I have a major update. The police has concluded its investigation. And handed over its report to the Ministry of Justice in Abuja for onward prosecution of Biodun Fatoyinbo. He clearly has a case to answer. But there has been silence from the ministry. Silence. A loud silence! We have written a letter but for over a month we have no response. Instead, my lawyers and my family have heard about all manner of manipulation and foul play being attempted to stop the ministry from beginning prosecution immediately. Or even to get the police report manipulated. My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts -rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry and the corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed. I am updating the Nigerian public because you all made my story matter. You joined me to say enough is enough. With you, this has been an easier process. #wearetired #notinmychurch #justice

A post shared by Busola Dakolo (@busoladakolo) on

Busola, who is a photographer, thanked Nigerians for their solidarity and promised to keep pushing until justice is served.

“My name is Busola Dakolo, a survivor of one of the most horrific acts — rape. My voice will not be shut down. My case will not be silenced. I am thankful to those in and out of the police, the ministry, and corridors of power who have called in solidarity and to reassure me that they are monitoring the ministry of justice and that this pressure to bury the case will not succeed.”

In June 2019, Busola, 35, accused Fatoyinbo of raping her – twice – before she turned 18.

The allegation went viral on social media, with some saying it had triggered Nigeria’s #MeToo moment.

It also forced the pastor to go on “leave of absence from the pulpit” for weeks because it was the “right thing to do”. He, however, denied any wrongdoing.

The accusation led to the police and the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) opening investigations.

Fatoyinbo, however, refused to appear before a panel set up by the latter, a PFN official said in August last year.

A wave of rape accusations swept through Nigeria’s social media during the week, and on Thursday, Busola added her voice to the movement by publishing an update into her own case.

She said the police had forwarded her case file to the Director of Public Prosecution of the Federation for “legal advice and further necessary action.”

“He clearly has a case to answer,” Busola added.

In November last year, an Abuja high court dismissed Busola’s suit against the COZA pastor, which she filed through her lawyer, and fined the plaintiff N1 million for wasting the court’s time.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Psquare Peter Okoye, Family Members Test Positive To Coronavirus

Nigerian Singer and one-half of the defunct P-Square, Peter Okoye  popularly known as Mr P, …

COVID-19: Honestly, I Miss Sex A Lot –Blessing Ofoegbu

A Nollywood actress, Blessing Ofoegbu, says she is sex-starved due to the COVID-19 pandemic and …

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com