The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has released its schedule of activities and time-table for the 2019 general elections and has announced the commencement of sale of forms.
This was disclosed in a statement by the party’s National Organizing Secretary, Col. Austin Akonbundu.
Aside Osun State, due to the Sept. 22 Gubernatorial election in the state, the party primaries are as follows:
- State House of Assembly – Sat, Sept 15 but Monday, Sept 24 in Osun State.
- House of Representatives – Wed, Sept 19 but Thursday, Sept 27 in Osun state.
- Senatorial Primaries – Sun, Sept 23 but Sun, Sept 30 in Osun State.
- Governorship Primaries – Friday, Sept 28.
- Presidential Primaries/ National Convention – Friday 5 – Saturday 6 October.
On sale of forms, another statement by
Akonbundu revealed that all forms must be collected and submitted before close of work on Sept 6, 2018.
Presidential candidates will pay a total sum of N12m while Governorship aspirants are to pay N6m.
Those vying for the Senate will pay N3.5m, House of Representatives aspirants N1.5m and State House of Assembly aspirants are to pay N600k.
The statement added that all female aspirants are exempted from payment for purchase of nomination form except National and three Ad-hoc delegates.