Find the latest bookmaker offers available across all uk gambling sites www.bets.zone Read the reviews and compare sites to quickly discover the perfect account for you.
Friday , November 16 2018
Breaking News
Home / Foreign News / Africa / Phone Explodes, Burns Man in Bed

Phone Explodes, Burns Man in Bed

Tragedy struck as a Kenyan based in Nairobi’s slum neighbourhood of Kibera, is nursing serious burns at the Kenyatta National Hospital after a mobile phone plugged into a charger exploded in his bed as he slept.

The victim identified as Jackson Mwaniki lives alone in the neighbourhood, the Nairobian newspaper said.

The report said he was found unconscious and badly burnt in his house by a neighbour, who rushed there after seeing smoke emanating from the house.

​Mwaniki’s mother Mary Kabuu, told The Nairobian that it was by sheer luck that the neighbour saw smoke billowing from the house and went to find out what was happening.

The report did not indicate Mwaniki’s phone model.

“It happened as he slept and he didn’t know what was happening. He woke up only to find himself choking and burning,” said the mother.

“The doctor has assured us that the burns were not deep, and that he will be okay,” she told The Nairobian.

Doctors suspect the victim could have suffered a perforated eardrum following the explosion.

“He is still under assessment, we had to stabilise him first,” one of the nurses attending to the patient told The Nairobian.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Buhari, Akufo-Addo Meets Over Attacks on Nigerian Traders in Ghana

President Muhammadu Buhari and President Nana Akufo-Addo of Ghana Thursday met in New York, on ...

Ghana Targets America Aviation Category 1 Status, Negotiates National Carrier

  Cecilia Abena Dapaah, outgoing Aviation Minister has disclosed government will “by the end of ...

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com