Saturday , October 1 2022
Breaking News
Home / News / Arewa Youths Withdraw Igbo Quit Notice

Arewa Youths Withdraw Igbo Quit Notice

The coalition of Northern youth groups that had asked Igbos resident in Northern Nigeria to leave the region has temporarily withdrawn its quit notice.

The groups, under the aegis of the Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG), issued the quit notice in June, asking Igbos to leave on or before October 1 and claiming their demand was in response to secessionist stance of some pro-Biafran groups, like Nnamdi Kanu’s IPOB.

The quit notice to the Igbos had been condemned by most Nigerians including the Federal Government, several State Governments and Traditional Rulers.

The groups announced a suspension of the quit notice on Thursday at a press briefing at the Transcorp hotel in Abuja.

In attendance were Chairman Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Shettima Yerima; Member of the Coalition, Nasfura Asher; CNG Spokesman, Mr. Abdullazeez Suleiman; and Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima.

Some Igbo leaders in attendance include, Eze Ndigbo Niger State, Ngozi Nahiwe; Eze Ndigbo Kano, Dr, Boniface Ibekwe; and President General Igbo Delegate Assembly, Chief Chi Nwogu.

Comments

comments

Check Also

Senate: Lawan surrenders, says I won’t appeal judgement

President of the Senate Ahmad Lawan, has said that he will not appeal the judgment …

NECO Releases 2022 SSCE Results

The National Examinations Council (NECO) has released the results for the 2022 SENIOR School Certificate …

Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com